Coarse Perlite (4 Cubic Feet) #3
- Perlite helps plants thrive and improves soil structure, keeping it workable for years.
- This inorganic mineral provides aeration and drainage, yet retains and holds substantial amounts of water that it releases when needed.
- This process produces healthier plants that require less labor and watering.
- Perlite can be used by itself, mixed with topsoil or potting soil, or any other sterile media for drip or passive hydroponic systems.
- The water-holding ability of Perlite also increases the nutrient holding capacity when water-soluble fertilizers are used.
- Perlite is very lightweight and does not crush fine stems or root systems, making it ideal for growing delicate plants such as lettuce.
- As it is chemically inert, Perlite does not deteriorate and has an essentially neutral pH.
- It is also nontoxic, safe and economical to use.
- This sterile grow media is a great choice for a number of hydroponic and soil applications.
- It is the media of choice for our bato bucket systems.
- This coarse perlite provides excellent root support, great drainage, and keeps the roots of the plants aerated.
- One 4 cubic foot bag of perlite will fill 8 bato buckets.
- This is a size # 3 and is slightly bigger chunks than the Horticultural grade.